Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Sounds: Says She’s Ms. Blat strike a pose


Lottie Leymarie, the thick-voiced lead singer of New York drums-and-keyboards duo Says She’s Ms. Blat, sent me an email saying “I dig your blog and I think you might like our tunes.” She’s right, as she knows I share the same ear for pop tunes as she and partner Bret Puchir clearly possess. Give “Poseurs” (available for download below) a taste and you’ll appreciate their more controlled, more tuneful take on the guy-girl post-punk combo. Sort of in the middle of the White Stripes / Carpenters continuum...

Says She’s Ms. Blat: Poseurs
MP3DOWNLOADMYSPACE

And for more new sounds, make sure to subscribe to my latest podcast, JeffMix2009.11.22 (also on iTunes), featuring music from Yeasayer, Fenech-Soler, MuteMath and Frightened Rabbit, among others.

No comments: