Sunday, August 23, 2009

Song of the Week: The Dodos stay sharp


Time to Die is an album title you might expect from a metal band, not from cheery alt-folk duo The Dodos. But despite the surprisingly morose title, its lead single is in line with what we’ve come to expect from the Cali band, especially after their well-received second album Visiter. “Fables” (which can be heard on my new JeffMix podcast) is a summery and sharp jangler, with a terrific chorus: “I don’t want to go in the fire / I just want to stay in my home.” Time to listen.

The Dodos: Fables (from Stereogum)
from the CD Time to Die
MP3The Dodos - Time To Die - FablesMYSPACE

And for more new sounds, make sure to subscribe to my latest podcast, JeffMix2009.08.22 (also on iTunes), featuring music from Simian Mobile Disco, Arctic Monkeys, Bibio, Miike Snow, Speech Debelle, and Delorean, among others.

No comments: