Friday, February 8, 2008

Sign of the Apocalypse

In an article in today’s Globe and Mail, Mitt Romney explains why he has “suspended” his losing campaign for the Republican presidential nomination:

“If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win,” Romney told the annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference, a conclave of hardcore conservatives.
     “In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.”
Disgusting.

1 comment:

jjdaddyo said...

The man is a moron, I can't tell you how happy I am that there is no chance he will become president anytime soon, although he is allegedly setting himself up for a run in 2012 by bowing out (in addition to making the US safe from those Democrats who would sell us out to al Queda for a bottle of chardonnay and a wedge of brie) at this point. The only thing that has made me happier lately is that numbskull Giuliani getting his butt kicked (speaking as a New Yorker and a Democrat).