Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Sounds: Adam Arcuragi becomes joy


I was sent a link of Adam Arcuragi playing an impromptu acoustic set at an “underground NYC flea market,” and the publicist who emailed it to me knew what she was doing – it’s an excellent way to be introduced to the singer-songwriter’s aim-to-please talents, showcased on the new CD (his second), I Am Become Joy. Arcuragi, despite the seeming complexity of his last name, keeps his brand of folk rock simple, and especially raw. Few overdubs, a couple of giggles caught on tape, and a general relaxed, recorded-in-one-take feel, as can be heard on lead track “She Comes to Me” and other album standout, “Math.” If only all flea markets were so entertaining...

Adam Arcuragi: She Comes to Me
from the CD I Am Become Joy
MP3Adam Arcuragi - I Am Become Joy - She Comes to MeMYSPACEOFFICIAL SITE

And for more new sounds, make sure to subscribe to my latest podcast, JeffMix2009.09.22 (also on iTunes), featuring music from The Temper Trap, Wild Beasts, Javelin, and Band of Skulls, among others.

No comments: