Monday, June 22, 2009

Song of the Week: The Phenomenal Handclap Band

My wife tends to ask me details about the bands who perform the new songs I like, and more of than not, I’m clueless. I have no idea about the band, where they’re from, who’s in it, and especially if I’ll ever hear from them again. I usually just have an mp3 and a name. Case in point, The Phenomenal Handclap Band, who, according to a check on their MySpace page, is a loose collective of NYC deejays and musicians tired of “playing other people’s music.” I really like their Luscious Jackson-meets-The Rapture single “15 to 20” (and so does NME), but “phenomenal” may be a stretch. Cool blog, though.

The Phenomenal Handclap Band: 15 to 20 (from Spinner)
from their upcoming self-titled CD
MP3BUYMYSPACEOFFICIAL SITE

And for more new sounds, make sure to subscribe to my latest podcast, JeffMix2009.05.30 (also on iTunes), featuring music from Basement Jaxx, Metric, Magistrates, Paul Dempsey, and MSTRKRFT, among others.

No comments: